Brandon and Gwen's Adventure

Brandon and Gwen's Adventure

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Jeep Bio

Since the good doctor is driving I figured this would be a good time to tell everyone about the Jeep.

It's a 1998 Jeep Cherokee that I purchased about two years ago with 100,014 miles on the clock. During this time I have replaced the AW4 transmission; HPD30; 8.25 which received an Aussie Locker (my favorite mod); lowered the lift from 7.5" to 4"; replaced the 35" Baja Claws with 31" Dakota Definity A/T's; added a Warn M8000 winch; ARB compressor, awning, & snorkel; homemade roof rack (don't ask), and a few other things.

The front suspension has 3.5" springs with a 0.5" puck, DOM long arms, JKS swaybar disconnects, & is otherwise stock. In the rear, Rubicom Express 5.5" leafs with a few swapped from a Dodge van.

The front & rear bumpers are Custom 4x4 Fabrication units; the front is winch ready, & the rear has a tire carrier. I made a simple sheetmetal mount for a 5 gallon Blitz fuel can that bolts to the simulated beadlock spare wheel (yeah simulated, lame I know, but they came with the Jeep… work with me). Then there are the numerous other armor bits; C-Rok & a Rusty's steering brace, a custom DOM & 1/4" plate crossmember that protects the transfercase & trans. I don't know who makes the HD gas tank skid, but it's there.

I wish I had rock rails, diff guards, & regeared axles… but this will have to wait until after this trip. #MoabBound

Here is a before and after suspension pic.




No comments:

Post a Comment